The Skylark Partnership – Curriculum Aims
In our core values, personalised learning is key. All of our pupils come to us with different learning experiences, as well as experiencing different impacts as a result of their medical or mental health difficulty so we cannot have a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
The aims of our curriculum are to:
- maximise pupil progress in all areas, regardless of medical condition, ability, disability, gender or race
- foster successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- encourage confidence in our pupils so that they are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- focus on closing gaps, and developing the core literacy and numeracy skills for success at that level.
- for pupils in key stages one and two, and those who are returning to school, following their home school curriculums in order to smooth the transition process and help them to integrate seamlessly back into their home school.
- for pupils in key stage 3, 4, and 5 following a curriculum designed to prepare them for external qualifications and the world of work or further study.
- ensure that our pupils become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
- ensure that pupils develop the essential skills for learning, life and employment by incorporating personal, learning and thinking and functional skills into their curriculum offer
FIND OUT MORE!
More about our staff
Thinking about joining The Skylark Multi Academy Trust?
More about what we do and how we do it
Read more about our schools
Delapre Learning Centre, Northampton, NN4 8EN, United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)1604 662250
Our Vision is to Provide access to personalised education and lifelong learning for pupils and young people with medical and mental health needs, accepting the whole child and providing hope to them and their family for an optimistic future, enabling them to make progress and achieve their full potential.
Together we can